In an ABC7/KGO-TV San Francisco interview, Dr. Heidi K. Gardner shares her thoughts on Meta’s new return-to-office mandate, including the way it has been communicated to employees.
Gardner & Co.’s Dr. Heidi K. Gardner explains to an ABC7 Bay Area journalist the different ways that Meta’s new return-to-office mandate – and particularly the communication of it – could undermine trust among its employees. According to Dr. Gardner, Meta should:
- Clearly explain the reason for the mandate and how people benefit from it
- Share policies well in advance of their implementation
- Have empathy toward people and their situations, including new lifestyles based on expecting not to return to the office
- Consider customizing and personalizing the policy based on different needs and preferences
- Focus on making the office more attractive, versus requiring people to be there
- Ensure that leaders are held to the same standard as their subordinates
For the full interview, see below.