Dr. Heidi K. Gardner and Ivan Matviak answer questions about effective collaboration.
In a new Forbes article, Dr. Heidi K. Gardner and Ivan Matviak answer the following questions about smarter collaboration – drawing from their new book Smarter Collaboration: A New Approach to Breaking Down Barriers and Transforming Work:
- Most everyone agrees that collaboration is generally a good thing. How do you define “smarter” collaboration and, in a nutshell, what’s the business case and talent case for smarter collaboration?
- Tell us a bit about the research that undergirds your views on collaboration.
- What have you found to be the keys to successful blending of cultures and operational practices in mergers and acquisitions?
- What can leaders do to ensure that their organizations are appropriately collaboration-ready in times of crisis?
- You write about “overcommitted” organizations. What are the tell-tale signs of overcommitment, and what role does collaboration play in fixing the problem?